What are The Smith Family Retail Stores?
Did you know that every purchase from a Smith Family store supports programs to help disadvantaged children to succeed at school?
We have 19 retail stores across New South Wales and the ACT where you can find an excellent range of new and near new women's, children's and men's clothing, accessories and manchester.
With a large volume of donations, our stock changes regularly, so there's always something new in store. We're currently investing in our retail stores to make the shopping experience even better and we need great volunteers to help us support disadvantaged children to succeed at school.
What does a Customer Service Assistant do?
This role provides the opportunity to use and enhance your customer service, social and relationship-building skills whilst making a direct impact in helping disadvantaged children to succeed at school.
The purpose of this volunteer role is to support the store manager and Retail team to create a great customer experience for all store visitors; communicating our story with customers and create a positive environment and community ‘family’ experience in store with our diverse community base. This role will be helping assisting with general tasks and store housekeeping. With every purchase from a Smith Family store supporting programs that help disadvantaged children to succeed at school, this volunteer role will be directly contributing to our ‘buying is giving’ philosophy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Greeting customers to the store in a friendly, approachable manner and offering consistent, high quality customer service as per The Smith Family’s service standard
- Assisting the retail team in engaging customers with Customer Card, Loyalty Program, Tote Bags and other store promotions and campaigns
- Helping respond to customer enquiries, feedback and complaints promptly and professionally in accordance with store policies
- Assisting with store presentation including general housekeeping
- Immediately alerting the Store Manager of any hazards that may become present in the store
- Taking a proactive approach to WH&S in accordance with store policies and procedures
Key skills/qualities include:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Professional ethical standard in alignment with The Smith Family code of conduct
- Demonstrates initiative and with a “can do attitude”
Retail Store Locations
|Store||Day(s) required||Currently Recruiting|| ||Store||Day(s) required||Currently Recruiting|
|Bankstown||All days|| ||Hurstville||Mon|
|Bateau Bay||Mon-Fri 9:00-4:00|| ||Kempsey||All days|
|Blacktown|| TBC || || ||Liverpool||All days|
| ||Marrickville||All days|| |
|Campsie||Wed or Fri|| ||Penrith||All days|
|Coffs Harbour||Mon-Fri 9:00-1:00|
| ||Port Macquarie||Tues 9:00-1:00|
| ||Rockdale||All days|
|Fairfield||Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 10:00-3:00|| ||Toronto||TBC|
|Goulburn||All days|| ||Wollongong||Mon, Wed, Thurs-Sat|
| Neutral Bay||Mon - Sat 9.00-4.30pm || || || Woden||Mon-Fri 10:00-2:00|
If your preferred location is not currently recruiting, please check back later
| || || || || |
|Police Check||Child Protection Check||Prohibited Employment Check||References||Training|