What are The Smith Family Retail Stores?
Did you know that every purchase from a Smith Family store supports programs to help disadvantaged children to succeed at school?
We have 19 retail stores across New South Wales and the ACT where you can find an excellent range of new and near new women's, children's and men's clothing, accessories and manchester.
With a large volume of donations, our stock changes regularly, so there's always something new in store. We're currently investing in our retail stores to make the shopping experience even better and we need great volunteers to help us support disadvantaged children to succeed at school.
What does a Visual Merchandiser do?
This role provides the opportunity to use and enhance your excellent visual merchandising skills whilst making a direct impact in helping disadvantaged children to succeed at school.
The purpose of this volunteer role is to support the store manager and Retail team to help us display our regularly changing stock, to appeal to our stores’ diverse customer. With every purchase from a Smith Family store supporting programs that help disadvantaged children to succeed at school, this volunteer role will be directly contributing to our ‘buying is giving’ philosophy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing visual merchandising recommendations to the Store Manager to use space productively to maximise sales
- Designing store windows displays in accordance with style guide and The Smith Family standards
- Ensuring products are priced and displayed in accordance with Smith Family procedures
- Helping the Retail team maintaining constant colour coding of garments
- Assisting with stock management and general storekeeping duties
- Taking a proactive approach to WH&S in accordance with store policies and procedures
- Providing excellent customer service to clients and customers
Key skills/qualities include:
- Strong visual merchandising skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Professional ethical standard in alignment with The Smith Family code of conduct
- Demonstrates initiative and with a “can do attitude”
- Previous visual merchandising experience
Retail Store Locations
|Store||Day(s) required||Currently Recruiting|| ||Store||Day(s) required||Currently Recruiting|
|Bateau Bay||Mon, Wed 9:00-12:00|| ||Kempsey||TBC|
|Blacktown|| TBC || || ||Liverpool||All days|
|Bowral||Mon, Wed-Fri 10:00-1:00|| ||Marrickville||All days|| |
|Campsie||Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri|| ||Penrith||All days|
|Coffs Harbour||TBC|| ||Port Macquarie||Mon 9:00-1:00|
|Dubbo||TBC|| ||Rockdale||Wed 9:00-1:00|
|Fairfield||Mon-Sat 9:00-1:00|| ||Toronto||TBC|
|Goulburn||All days|| ||Wollongong||Tues, Fri|
| Neutral Bay||Mon - Sat 9.00am - 4.30pm || || || Woden||Mon, Wed, Fri 10:00-1:00 and 1:00-4:00|
If your preferred location is not currently recruiting, please check back later
| || || || || |
|Police Check||Child Protection Check||Prohibited Employment Check||References||Training|